On Monday I introduced SIF Quarterly Qwik Staging Stats (QSTAT) program to the stagers here on ActiveRain, and yesterday I introduced the concept to the Realtor community in a post called REALTORS... Will Staging Stats Crack Your Nuts?. While that post was fortunate to be FEATURED on the main page in the "big" Active Rain... I have to admit I was disappointed in the lack of Realtor Comments.
As you know posts on the main page of ActiveRain usually attract many comments. (In fact as of 10:05 AM CDT of the 20 Featured Posts on the main page -of which my post from yesterday is still part- there are 960 total comments. This means the average number of comments a post is receiving is 48.)
So that I say "USUALLY"... is because as I write this post, only a handful of Realtors made a comment (THANK YOU to those that have). But MOST of the comments have come from Stagers. To me Realtor's silence speaks LOUDER than those that commented.
It is for THIS reason this particular post is even MORE important. Good staging stats WILL support the Realtor to suggest and use staging (when needed) as a marketing tool to help the seller sell. It is that simple.
What I wanted to address today is something we must consider if we are going to gather appropriate data and then share statistics to be credibly relied on. For "data" to be taken as credible it MUST be verifiable. Verifiable data about home staging is a key element that will help make ALL in this industry be respected, accepted professionally and relied on.So while going "back to paper," in this age of automation, may seem a bit backward it actually works in our favor. A reporting system that relies on paper, by default, sets up some barricades and filters. Barricades that are not part of the online survey systems which, because they are often open, expose the findings to be skewed and manipulated. We MUST error on the side of caution.
SIFS BUILT IN CHECKS & BALANCES
Consider these 5 points regarding the EXTREME importance of verification of SIF QSTATs and the way we are going to be gathering staging data...
- If one is serious about submitting SIF's QSTATs they will need to invest the time (as little as it is) to file out the QSTAT from.
- Faxing the QSTAT over is going to require the person invest in a long distance call.
- The fact that there is a chance that by submitting their QSTAT's their submission many randomly verified (and they will be) will help to deter people from submitting false data.
- RANDOM SPOT contacts (phone OR email) to Realtor's to verify stats will send a message of PROFESSIONALISM to them about the Stager who submitted the QSTATS. False data will reflect poorly on the Stagers credibility.
- If our data is challenged, paper gives us an easy audit trail.
- A person signature is their word... each submission must be signed off on before it will be even verified.
Finally one other direct BENEFIT to those who submit data is that stagers that submit QSTATs will have quarterly records that they hold on to and file. Later down the line we have plans to create a tool that will allow individual stagers to go back enter THEIR own data and crunch it against both State and National Data. HOW COOL IS THAT!
Now I know our approach is NOT 100% perfect... but as I said, we must first CRAWL before we walk.
Staging It Forward...
IMPORTANT!!!!!! BY WEEK'S END SIF WILL ANNOUNCE A TRIAL RUN TEST PROGRAM FOR QSTAT DATA SUBMISSION!